Looking for something fun to do this Halloween weekend? Read on for our definitive list of spooky entertainment options in Birmingham, with something for everyone. Have fun and- of course- stay safe out there!
1. BOO Halloween Party | B&A Warehouse | Friday, October 30, 2015 at 8:00pm
Benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training, this party offers live music from The M-80’s, “Scaryoke,” DJ Mark AD, a Horror Movie Lounge, a costume contest with over $1,000 in cash & prizes, a photobooth, and free t-shirts to the first 500 guests. $25 gets adults 20+ in on the fun!
2. Mad Monster Halloween Party | Saturn Birmingham | Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 3:00pm
3. Halloween at ROJO with Tour de HamOWEEN | ROJO | Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 6:00pm
The night starts out with a costumed bike tour of Birmingham starting and ending at ROJO, with costume prizes awarded after. Arrive 15 minutes early to get in on the ride! After that, a party at ROJO kicks off with specialty drinks, jello shots and music by Pushing Up Cosmos at 20.
4. The Birmingham Ghost Walk | Birmingham Historic Touring Company | August 14 – November 13, 2015
Re-routed this year, the Birmingham Ghost Walk takes a historical tour of “murders, suicides (including some that were spectacularly public), legends of outlaws and gunfights, and the occasional brothel thrown in for flavor.” October tours run at 7:00pm and 9:30pm and are $20 for adults, $10 children 12 and under.
5. Underground Filmfest! | Oak Hill Cemetery | Thursday October 29 – Friday October 30, 2015
Thursday, October 29 will feature a collection of German short films and Friday, October 30, a collection of suspense and horror films. Tickets are $10 per person, per night, or $15 for a two-night pass, bring chairs and blankets!
6. GBHS’ Howls & Growls ft. Black Jacket Symphony | Iron City Bham | Friday, October 30, 2015 at 7:00pm
Benefitting the Greater Birmingham Humane Society, Black Jacket Symphony will be performing Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” at Iron City on Friday. Come in costume, $75.00 ticket includes an
OPEN BAR with premium beer and wine all night.
7. Alabama Symphony Orchestra’s “Psycho” | Alabama Theatre | Friday, October 30, 2015 at 8:00pm
The ASO will be performing the score LIVE during the screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho.” Tickets are $22.50-$47.50
8. Tomb of the Risen Dead Haunted Halloween Park | DeSoto Caverns | October 22 – October 31, 2015
Featuring a 3/4 acre maze dubbed “The Labyrinth of Lost Souls” and a cave attraction called “The Tomb of the Risen Dead,” this is great fun for the whole family. Exiting the spooky scenes, you enter a festival in the main park area. $5 admission, kids 2 and under get in free. Attractions are $20 for both, $15 for individual.
9. Spooks and Spirits Halloween Bash | Black Market Five Points | Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 8:00pm
A $10 donation gets you into this party benefitting the aKIDz organization. A costume contest, drink specials, decorations, music, dancing, and karaoke!
10. Dreamworld, an EDM Halloween Experience | Innisfree Irish Pub | Saturday, October 31, 2015
This Saturday, Innisfree will be transformed into an “electronic playground,” with 3 DJs, giveaways, drink specials, and costumes.